Monday, December 25, 2023

Il Divino

Last night I watched his naked body
As it twitched restlessly in bed beside me
A silhouette directed 
by its phantom captain,
Stretched like canvas across the sheets
Painted in the static blue 
Light of a false moon;
I whispered aloud soothe him:

        When winter comes
                 The sky plays rhythm 
        The days are gray and
                 Night seems unending.
        Dream of the Sun instead
                 Returning on his chariot 
        Then remember to forget.

In his artificial peace,
From the endless toiling 
A well-earned reprieve
For a man who never stops to see 
He already has all he hoped to achieve; 
Stroking the cool, pale skin
Of my Michaelangelo's bare bicep
I let him sleep.
Though I know what he labors for
Is hard to get

        Love like this
                 Is harder yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment