Friday, December 8, 2023

Gravida and Parity

Once I learned to calculate 
What is contained in a single soul
I tied a red thread around my wrist
To serve as reminder
Not to make a wish.

Surely it is natural that rage is my center
When under duress;
Souls move through fire, eating up the air
Pregnant with an emptiness
Unknowable without first
Having felt its fullness.

Instincts are earned
Through foolish mistakes;
It is the duty of the Priestess
To teach us
The alchemy of transmuting 
Knowledge from regrets.

The Lion I beckon
A golden feline full of pride
Will come in his own time
If I look away 
And patiently wait.

From the bottom of the ocean
I look up to see the Sun 
A vision of dancing rays 
Across turbulent surface waves
Filtered through the muddled deep
Like a message, 
Delayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment