Tuesday, April 25, 2023

A shadow on the Sun sets fire to the Moon

Through the invisible barrier
Between me and my wildest dreams
He sees clearly
And calls me in the middle of a thought
Breaking up the clouds
To show me
How.
He draws an elegant map
With all the starts
And forms the finish
—
Energy reader
He sees me
And hears the discordant engines
My mind runs on
Soothes them with 
Just one slip of his tongue
The cogs then sing
In a tune
One I could listen to
Cycled on infinity
—

And that's how you write a poem
About someone
Who makes you happy
For once
And only now
I realize
I've been fighting
My whole life
For control
Over this vessel
But I hand it over to him
Willingly
And sleep, finally
Knowing
With certainty
No better hands exist.


[If this seed bears fruit
I'll know because I won't ever need to tell you.]


No comments:

Post a Comment