Friday, October 21, 2022

If one of us is going to tell the truth

Then I must confide:
I'm insulted
You actually believe I'm too stupid
To know you've been fucking with me 
This whole time.

It was worth it.
To peer into the shining black void of those eyes
Where there is nothing alive to find
Just a hollow cave of cold treasure, not a dragon in sight.

It was worth it.
I decided from the start;
To see how you would play each move
While I played the part;
This curious kitten, this deviant divine
Feline to feline, I must confess
I've always enjoyed your little tests.

It was worth it.
A chance to finish the game, to claim my victory
I entered the ring armed with the 5 P's
Fighting to stifle a laugh for every time you telegraphed.
True naivety is arrogance;
Make no mistake
I heard every word, I saw everything.
Oh, how deeply you believed each turn was in your control.
But surely by now you must know
I am a diligent opponent and a student of all 
Even ones like you so removed from grace
There is nowhere left to fall.

Despite this glaring character flaw
(being blinded by arrogance and underestimating every woman you meetsince I have to spell it out)

It was worth it.
You beautiful coward. Chthonic creature of sadness and loathing.
In the end, I win.

By the way, weird is spelled with the e before the i. Just like receipts. 


Sweet dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment